Popcorn Ceiling Knockdown Ceiling
POPCORN CEILING REMOVAL STEPS 1-11
- Remove all furniture and personal items, including picture and art work if not bolted to the wall.
- All animals need to be relocated to a safer environment, due to air conditioner will not be on during the procedure.
- All ceiling fans need to be removed by homeowner,due to electrical outlets. If you can not remove the fan or light fixture we can cover them completely. (but please be aware for future purposes, that if you choose to remove a large base fan or light fixture to a smaller base you will be left with a popcorn ring underneath, if not address during initial preparation.)
- Apply floor and wall plastic sheeting to form a bubble effect with easy to remove masking tape.
- Lightly mist the popcorn texture.
- Professionally remove popcorn texture to expose the original drywall surface.
- Re-tape or Re-coat damaged joints with joint compound.
- Let joint compound material dry then spray knockdown texture.
- Trailing texture down with knockdown blade.
- Knockdown texture must cure for 48 hrs before any painting can be done.
- Finally clean up and dispose of all trash and debris.